With the World Cup merely 50 days away, we decided it was time to get serious about our South Africa preparations. As such, we are looking to hire an intern to work for The Yanks Are Coming during the months of June and July. In terms of what we are looking for, you should be either a rising junior, senior or recent college graduate. Being a soccer fan would probably help as well. This job does not require you to come into an office as the work can be done from your mom’s basement.
Here’s what you will be doing:
- Copy editing all content on the site.
- Posting articles and columns to the site.
- Promoting content on Twitter and Facebook.
- Researching article ideas for writers.
- Exploring advertising possibilities.
- Assist in the creation of an iPhone application.
- Play basketball with Editor-in-Chief Daniel Seco (If Atlanta/New Orleans-based)
Here’s what I need from you if you would like to apply:
- A copy of your resume.
- A cover letter (an email is fine) explaining why you want the job and why you’d be a good fit.
- Availability for the summer.
In terms of compensation, I can arrange with your university to provide you college credit for your work. Additionally, you will earn a percentage (to be determined) of the advertisements that you sell. If you work hard, I will invite you to participate on additional projects after the World Cup that we are extremely excited about.
Bonus points if you are a Terp or a Gator. Any questions? Want to apply? Send all inquiries to dan[at]yanksarecoming.com.